“huh?” that was the sound I made while reading a comment on one of my blog posts. Teepee over at Serendipity (a blog that never fails to make me think, and usually makes me smile as well) honored me with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Huh. Wow… I’m… well, speechless. And honored. And humbled. And… just… wow. (Yeah, I would so suck at accepting an Oscar. I’d be one of those tongue-tied idiots that folks make fun of after the awards. And I write for a living! Yeesh!)
After much debate over what to write, what to say, etc. I finally decided to keep it super simple. I’m just going to say a hearty “thank you!” for the award and follow the rules of engagement…
- Display the award logo on your blog
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Tell us at least seven things about yourself that you would like to share.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and link to them. I am not going to set a specific number. I know how difficult it can be to keep coming up with dozens of new nominees and rather than burden you all with the requirement to find in a single batch quite so many bloggers to whom you have not already passed on a variety of awards, I will suggest that as you find worthy blogs that you would like to honor, that you pass the honor to them and allow them to also pass the honor along as they find honor worthy recipients.
- Notify your chosen bloggers of their nomination and the award’s requirements.
Seven Things About Me…
- I write for a living and have done so for years but still struggle with self-identifying as a “writer.”
- As far as I’m concerned, coffee is a vital food group.
- I don’t do pets or plants (anymore) – it’s not that I don’t like them, I actually love both. It’s just that my life doesn’t support properly caring for either.
- I’m allergic to cauliflower – which bugs the ever loving crap out of me, because I like the stuff and there are so many yummy recipes for it.
- I have a slight thing for shoes… well, specifically for high heels. It’s not a fetish, really.
- My earliest memory involves riding a tricycle down a gravel road, somewhere around age 2 1/2 apparently.
- I think smart is sexy.
I don’t suppose it would be very fair to nominate the person who nominated me, would it? On that note…
Mothers Fighting For Others – Rocky has inspired me from the very first time I saw her writing on CafeMom. I also recognize that she’s incredibly busy living an amazing life, so I’ll exempt her from the “rules.”
A Southern Fairy Tale – mom, cook, blogger and all around nice lady. Rachel has always been a beacon of nice and cool.
The Pioneer Woman – she’s a celebrity now, but way back in the day, when I first started reading her blog, Ree inspired me to allow my quirkier side to show a bit more.
Damn Near Daily – eye candy. Pure and simple. Lots of eye candy.
Bucket List Productions – most travel bloggers drive me nuts. She makes me want to quit my day job and go traipsing the world.