No, sillies, I’m not talking politics or sports…
I tend to collect a lot of possible posts, posts-in-progress and notes for potential-posts-in-progress. Eventually, I wind up with a cluttered pile of draft posts that can drive me nuts. They range from the really frustrating, “Dammit! I got so darn busy I totally forgot about that incredible post on the oh-so-timely-thing that’s now woefully out of date…” to the ones that make me wonder what I was thinking, as in, “huh, I don’t remember having a headache and taking hallucinogenic drugs that day…”
And so, I clean them out, deleting the junk, condensing and recycling the decent stuff, and sometimes holding notes on those outdated ones since ya never know when a reference might come in handy.
In the process of doing that, I’ve discovered I enjoy poking a little fun at myself. Why not, I do it to everyone else? I can certainly take it! And so, without further ado…
- Urban, suburban, subrural and rural… I’m not 100% certain where I was going with this pair of rambling posts, but I’m sure it had to do with the fact that I’ve lived everywhere from uber-urban to the remotest of rural environments and I can bitch about them all with equal aplomb. Yeah, whatever. Buh-bye!
- Daily Post Challenge: Character… the person who came immediately to mind was my high school journalism teacher – she of the former Ms. Sweden looks, Jackie O. fashion sense and no-nonsense style. I have no problem admitting that she shaped a lot of my work ethic and personality. I also have no problem admitting that I have no clue how to spell her name (she’d married a Greek). Sorry, missed the deadline, but I may hold onto the idea for later.
The lipstick files… a comment on Facebook just bugged the hell out of me. Apparently, according to this uber-fashion maven (who herself looked like she bathed in a river and considered Chapstick to be too much makeup) waxed incredibly judgmental about how horrific red lipstick looked on women with fair skin and dark hair. Hey, I resemble that remark and I look damn good in red lips if I do say so myself, and… Yeah… never mind. So not worth it. Buh-bye!
- It’s just sex dammit… I have no words for this. Just… what the hell?!?! And… yeah, I got nuttin’. Sorry. Buh-bye.
- School shootings, parenting and god… after completing the post I decided that I really wasn’t in the mood to stir that steaming pile o’caca. Buh-bye.
- 1001 Things Every Teen Should Know… it’s a snark fest. And I think I’ll keep it because it’s funny as hell if I do say so myself. But it needs some spit and polish.
There were a few others, some completely unremarkable, some have already been transformed into different posts and some are still sitting there waiting for the right time… We shall post no post before it’s time…